Posted by Meredith at 1:57 PM
This week's every day essentials features Jordan Sugarman, a pilates instructor at Focused Fitness in the Arena District and a stylish gal, to boot. We love Jordan for her down-to-earth and friendly personality. Her visits to Rose Bredl always bring cheer! One thing we love about Jordan? Before anything else, Jordan says her number one essential in life is her family- whats not to love about a girl who knows her priorities in life?
"My family. I could not live without my amazing family. The laughter, love, and support from my mom, dad, brother and sister-in-law are essential to my every day."
1. Jax. Jax is my spaniel/hound/border collie rescue from the Capital Area Humane Society. I cannot imagine my every day without him - he has made my life whole.
2. My clients. My amazing clients are what motivate me day in and day out - their hard work, dedication to their mind and bodies, and commitment to Pilates make starting my own business worth it all!
3. Pilates. Pilates improves muscle tone, balances musculature, supports correct posture, and teaches one to move with ease and grace. I can't imagine my life without Pilates and am so lucky to be able to practice and teach a method that strengthens the mind and body.
4. Galison Decorated Sticky Notes. Every morning I complete my 3P's - I place a Post it note on the day in my organizer and write down one Plan (short- or long term goal), followed by a Positive thought. Post it, Plan it, Positive - no matter what lies ahead, I start out my day on a perfect "note".
5. Starbucks Chai Tea Latte. Before I start my day, I stop at Starbucks in German Village for my daily Chai - it's very calming to drink my tea as I drive in to the studio.
6. Fresh Flowers. There is nothing like stopping by Rose Bredl on Saturday mornings to pick up my weekly floral arrangements - one for my nightstand and one for my kitchen - something as simple as fresh flowers add a breath of life and cheer to anyone's home.
7. Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey Cologne. I can't leave the house without applying my favorite cologne - a spritz to the wrists, behind my ears and my décolletage.
8. Grosgrain hair ribbon. Monday through Friday you can find me with my signature bow in my hair - I like to add a little flair to my daily uniform of lululemon athletica and bare feet.
9. myAgenda Desktop Organizer. I couldn't live without my day planner - I love this one in particular because you can customize the layout to have it fit your particular needs and I love being able to have all of my commitments in one handy, fashionable place. It may not come with a cape, but I feel like an organizational hero with myAgenda!
10. Simpatico Candles. After a long day, I love to come home and light my beautiful hobnail candles - the nature inspired scents fill my home with fragrant illumination.
|Jordan on the far right, with her family.|
photo from anotherfeather.blogspot.com
Posted by Meredith at 10:00 AM
Posted by Meredith at 11:31 PM
I've been reading through this vintage gardening book for ideas on the landscaping of our new old home- it was built in the 1950's and I just don't feel right giving it an english garden when it's all wrong for the mid-century style of the house. Not only does the book have amazing photos of vintage landscaping, it has really great gardening advice that holds firm today (i.e the care and keeping of houseplants.) The photos above are really more for a warmer climate than Ohio, but I still love drawing inspiration from them for future gardening endeavors.
Posted by Meredith at 12:55 PM
For the drippiest of april days (mud-luscious and puddle wonderful) Blundstone boots are top notch at keeping feet dry and comfortable while looking effortlessly cool, too. Check out these boots and other stylish rainy day gear in this Columbus Monthly article. Stay dry, everyone!
Posted by Meredith at 11:12 PM